Algeria Angola Benin Botswana Burkina Faso Burundi Cameroon Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Comoros Côte D’Ivoire Democratic Republic of the Congo (Kinshasa) Djibouti Egypt Equatorial Guinea Ethiopia Gabon Gambia Ghana Guinea Kenya Liberia Madagascar Mali Mauritania Mauritius Morocco Mozambique Namibia Niger Nigeria Republic of the Congo (Brazzaville) Rwanda Senegal Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa Tanzania Togo Tunisia Uganda Zambia Zimbabwe
The Foreign Ministry of Mauritius
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Marital Status: Married
- Master’s in business administration at Aix-Marseilles University, France
- Post Graduate qualifications in Export Marketing at the Ecole Superieure de Commerce-Marseilles
- Doctor Honoris Causa of Dauphine University, Paris.
- Economist at the Ministry of Commerce & Industry from 1973 to 1980 and has assumed the position of Commissioner for Trade Fairs.
- Investment Advisor between 1991 to 2014.
- Chairman of the State Bank Mauritius between 1998 to 2001.
- Executive Chairman of the Net Mauritius (an ICT Company), having as shareholders Air Mauritius, State Bank of Mauritius and Mauritius Telecom.
- He presided over the National Steering Committee on the Offshore Sector at around the same period.
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance for period 1983 to 1990.
- Member of Parliament as from December 2014.
- 2nd Member for Constituency No. 7 Piton & Riviere du Rempart.
- Minister of Finance and Economic Development as from 15 December 2014 to March 14 2016.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade as from 14 March 2016 to 23 January 2017
- Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade as from 24 January 2017