The Embassy of Belarus in Berlin
Address: Am Treptower Park 32, 12435 Berlin, Germany
Tel.: (+49) 30 536 35 90
Fax: (+49) 30 536 359 23
Amb. Andrei Giro
Amb. Andrei Giro studied at the Minsk State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages and the Academy of Public Administration. In 1991 he graduated from the translation department of the Minsk State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages, fluent in both German and English.
Relations between the two countries took place in 1923.
After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Germany was one of the first countries to recognize Belarus as an independent state. When the Federal Foreign Minister of Germany Hans-Dietrich Genscher visited Belarus on the 13th of March 1992, an Agreement on the resumption of diplomatic relations was signed. In the same year the Embassy of Germany was opened and it became one of the first diplomatic missions in Minsk. The first Belarusian Ambassador to Germany commenced work in January 1993.
In 1996 President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko to Germany and in 1998 which has contributed to the development of bilateral relations between the two states. Regular contacts between the various ministries and departments of the two countries significantly intensified and expanded the areas of cooperation.
At the moment cooperation between Belarus and Germany is based on almost 30 intergovernmental and interdepartmental agreements. The Belarusian-German Economic Cooperation Council was founded in 1992. The cooperation between its sessions is carried out within the framework of the Belarusian-German Working group on trade and investment. The Belarusian-German Working group on scientific and technological cooperation was established in 1996, and the Belarusian-German non-governmental Council for Business Cooperation appeared in 2011.